CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It was my Birthday yesterday! Pina Colada Cheesecake!

I turned 42 and we had some friends over.
I made myself a Pina Colada Cheesecake that I tweaked from a recipe I found in America's Best Recipes. Someone asked for it, so I thought I'd add it here in case someone else wants it.



ingredients
Pina Colada cheesecake:                                                     
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup sugar (I use Splenda and sugar 50%)
1 2/3 cup fine breadcrumbs
1/4 cup sugar (I consider this optional)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 (8oz) packages cream cheese (low fat)
3/4 cup sugar (50% Splenda)
coconut mixture
4 large eggs
1 can 15 oz crushed pineapple, well drained
1 can 15 oz can cream of coconut
1 8 oz carton sour cream (low fat)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice (I used Lime)
1 tsp vanilla (2 tsp used)
1 tsp rum extract or 1/4 cup rum

        Preheat oven to 350.  Warm ingredients to room temperature for best results. 
makes a full 10 inch pan
       Melt 2 Tbsp butter in medium skillet over med heat. Add coconut, almonds, and 1/4 cup sugar; cook stirring constantly until golden. Set aside.
      Combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 sup sugar, if using, and 1/2 cup butter; stir well. Firmly press mixture into 10 inch springform pan on bottom and half way up sides. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  Let cool on a wire rack.
      Beat cream cheese at medium speed of electric mixture until creamy; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar mix, beat well.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in pineapple and next 6 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan.
leave door open
     Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off oven.  Sprinkle reserved coconut mixture over top of cheesecake.  Partially open door and let cheesecake cool in oven for 1 hour.  Let cool to room temperature in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Carefully remove sides of springform pan.
MAKES 12 servings.

0 comments: