CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

So today I had to make cupcakes for my youngest Halloween party. One of the children has diabetes, so I found one of the recipes I make for Meghan who is also diabetic.  They were a hit with most of the kids. One little girl didn't like chocolate?! But the little one with diabetes was happy that someone had thought of him for a change.

Anyways, here's the recipe. I took a pic of the ones that I have here at home, but I forgot to take pics of the ones I took to Joey's class. Duh!! The recipe was out of the Splenda cookbook by Marlene Koch. We use alot of recipes out of this cookbook.


Chocolate Cupcakes
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup Splenda Sugar blend for baking (I didn't have this, so I made it half sugar half Splenda)
2 Large eggs
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

1- Preheat oven to 350. Place paper cups om muffin tins.
2- Put butter and Splenda in a medium bowl, use and electric mixer to cream until light and fluffy
3- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
4- In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk to combine
5- Add 1/2 the flour mix to the egg mix; then add 1/2 the buttermilk and the vanilla.  Mix at low speed and repeat, finishing with the last 1/2 cup of buttermilk
6- Spoon batter into cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.


cupcake in a mug  :)



I had some batter leftover and didn't want to put into a liner. So I grabbed a couple of mugs and divided the batter between the two.  Put them into the microwave for 1:30 minutes and there was some good cupcakes. I also had to have whip cream with them, which is in the bowl to the left in the pic.

0 comments: