CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

disappointment....

I know that I was so looking forward to making the coffee cozies for Starbucks. Well, they decided to create/copy/steal (although that might be too harsh) my idea I tossed at them and the manager had agreed to, took the prototype and everything.  When my daughter went into work this weekend, what does she find sitting on the shelf??? Their version of my cozy.  Yes it is different, but the idea was still mine that I gave them. Up until that time, the manager (and gen manager) had not even thought of anything like that. At least I know now why he wasn't returning my calls!! Argh! Now I will have to figure out something else to do for our charity.  We had been going to give $1.00 from every cozy sold to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). So not only are they letting me down, but also our charity.  I know I can think of something else, but that's not the point is it??

Sigh!!

2 comments:

Wendy

oh my god, that's disgusting! Are they donating anything to charity from these mug cosies?? I'd tell your local newspaper, kick up a fuss, that's not only theft of IP, but also morally wrong! I'm sure people would prefer to buy ones of your cosies and have the money go to charity, rather than into the back pocket of some Starbucks bigwig. Protest about this, don't let it go!

Unknown

unfortunately, I didn't sign anything or cover my butt so I have to take the hit on this. Since they are different as well, I can't even do anything about that. Next time I talk to someone like that I'll make sure I cover it!! :(